Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
Brass Hanging Ship's Bell 11 Brass Decorative Bell Wall Hanging Bell Decorative Ship Bell Brass Nautical Bell Nautical Wall Hanging Brass Bell by Handcrafted Model Ships
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 2.60 Ct Oval Brown Smoky Quartz G H Diamond 14K White gold Earrings
- Red CYSTYLE Women's Elastic Waist Capri Harem Summer Pants Pockets
- Show Catwalk 35Cm Wind Brim Leisure Beach Lady Cap Women Holiday Sun Hat
- Tankoo Women's Plus Size Lingerie Sets with Teddy Lingerie,Handcuffs,GString S6XL
- Vince Camuto womens Classic Blanket Toggle Ruana Fashion Scarf
- Women's Black Zipper Front Dress Large Size Nightclub Style Leather Section high Collar Sleeveless Dress bar Party Leather Game Uniform
- ZSIIBO Women Sleeveless Club Dress, Bodycon Dress for Party, Sexy Casual Tank Top Dress for Girls, Black151
- Aidan by Aidan Mattox Womens Feathers Crepe Capelet
- BCBGMAXAZRIA Womens Jann Printed Sleeveless Dress Dress
- blueeberry Italia Women's Linen Wildflower Print Top Yellow
- CARRY Dress, European and American Comfortable Soft Cocktail Dress ShortSleeved Pleated Skirt Openwork Sexy Lace Dress (color color3, Size 2XL)
- Dark Denim BECCA ETC Womens Prairie pink Crochet One Piece Swimsuit with Sheer Insets OnePiece Swimsuit
- Emperia Roxie Dual Buckle Concealed Carry Hobo Bag and Wristlet
- Glam and Gloria Womens Retro Western High Waist Two Piece Swimsuit with Embroidered Flowers
- Ijkw015 Black Instar Mode Women's Long Sleeve Zipper Closure Moto Biker Faux Leather Jacket
- KATIA & BONY Low Battery Short Women Pajamas
- Liu Jo Women's MCBI23983 bluee Cotton Skirt
- Maweisong Women's Faux Fur Winter Overcoat Warm Thick Long Slim Hooded Jackets
- Nevada Flag Winter Thermal Cycling Jersey for Women
- Picture color Lnxianee Women's Off Shoulder Prom Dresses Long Applique Formal Evening Party Gowns
- RED QARYYQ Women's Leather Wide Belt Openwork Belt Dress Decoration Ladies Belt (color orange)
- Silve Halter Lace Sweetheart Neck Bridesmaid Dresses Long Prom Evening Gown
- 14k TwoTone Small Girl on Right Engravable Charm
- Angel Maternity Nursing Tank Tress and Maternity Cardigan Outfit Maternity Dress with Easy Nursing Access
- SweatwaterCA Womens Hole Drop Shoulder Sleeve Washed Pocket Boyfriend Zipper Buttons Denim Jackets
- VELVET by Graham & Spencer Women's Long Sleeve Cowl Neck Dress Small Capri
- Women Floral Maxi Dress Boho Printed Adjustable Straps V Neck Summer Beach Dress,L
- YUSHENGSM ALine Short VNeck Homecoming Prom Party Gowns Sleeveless Cocktail Dresses
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.